Week 14: 2018 [Songkran Thailand New Year , Cyber Security]

Thailand has become one of my favorite places on the planet. I urge everyone to come visit. Later this week the Songkran Water Festival will start. It will go on for a few days. Not only is it great fun it is a healthy break from the stressors of life. We’re never too old to get a water gun and go out into the crowd. I’ll be shooting some videos and posting them on our various social media outlets for Ygetarts

Here are the links for our social media. Let us know yours and we will follow you, too!

We wrapped up the “Is HR Broken? – And Can It Be Fixed” survey The first stats are that 85% of people believe it is or maybe broken. The remaining 15% feel it isn’t broken.

A full report will be coming out in the next few weeks. If you’d like a copy of the report just send an email to roger@ygetarts.com and include the subject line HR Report or enter your email in this form for an advanced copy.

Ygetarts is doing another survey called – “Is Cold Calling a Positive Sales Tactic?” You can take this survey as a consumer or sales professional. The survey is open until May 13th and Ygetarts will pick a winner of $100 for this survey on May 14th.

As most of you know, this entire site, became an extension to communicate at a deeper level with many of my LinkedIn connections. This was one of my favorite posts this weeks about reading.

These are the books that I’m reading during Q2. I’m a sucker for international textbooks. 100% of the information at 1/10th of the price. Every quarter I grab a few books on what I sense are the important business topics of the quarter. The Facebook data breach is not new news to anyone that has been in the know. Yet, now the entire world understands the gravity and ways that people with bad intentions can turn social media against people.

With that in mind I felt it was important to check some of the thoughts and data around the following topics

  1. Cyber Security
  2. Psychology Normal
  3. Psychology Abnormal
  4. Sociology
  5. Culture
  6. New Venture Creation

Here’s my thinking. Cyber Security is the number one global issue impacting business. Income Inequality is the number one issue facing the worldwide labor pool. One is an external threat and out of the control of most business. Paying people less money based on gender is something that is easily fixable and can no longer be avoided.

This means there will be new venture opportunities in Cyber Security and for Female based businesses. Why the later? If women are not treated equally then they are ready to make the move into Entrepreneurship. Can you imagine when the companies that didn’t get it need to buy services from the very people they mistreated?

Going to make for some fun times over the next 5 to 20 years.

Business doesn’t work in isolation. It is always about people and relationships. That’s when the psychology, sociology, and culture become important understand at deeper levels.

Enough about us. What are you working on?

What do you need help with?

Reach out to Ygetarts if you’re venture is in need of analysis. We’re now offering those at hourly rates. You can order online.

 

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.